(Enacted 3/29/18, Updated 2020)
The Dean and program director appoint the members of the Ph.D. Program Policy and Oversight Committee for either a 1 or 2-year term that may run consecutively. The faculty appointments will ensure representation of a balance of both clinical and research foci.
The membership consists of:
- 2 resident faculty teaching/advising in the Ph.D. program
- The program director
- The Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
- 2 current students in the Ph.D. Program, non-voting
- Ph.D. program coordinator, non-voting
- Dean, ex officio
In cases of a tie vote, the Dean will cast the tie-breaking vote.
It is expected that the Ph.D. Program Policy and Oversight Committee will seek information on curriculum and programmatic issues from additional members of the Resident faculty, part time faculty teaching and/or advising in the program, and students, alumni, and larger social work community as appropriate.
1000.2 Committee Chairperson
The Ph.D. Program Policy and Oversight Committee will be chaired by the Ph.D. program director. The Director is a faculty administrative position appointed by the Dean in consultation with the resident faculty.
1000.3 Functions and Duties of the Committee
The purpose of the Committee is to provide sufficient oversight and direction to ensure that the program uses current standards and best practices of doctoral education in terms of admissions, curriculum, and clinical and research training.
The Ph.D. curriculum shall be formally instituted by a vote of the faculty following the School’s curricular policies regarding new courses.
The Committee is responsible for:
- Ph.D. program admission process working with the Associate Dean for Graduate Enrollment and Student Services
- Implementation of the Ph.D. Program in conjunction with the faculty
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program stated goals and objectives
- Monitoring and evaluation of program infrastructure and resources to ensure the delivery a rigorous educational experience
The Committee is expected to meet at least once monthly.